Jillian is suddenly exploding with new sounds and words (or clear attempts at words). In addition to the previously mentioned "bah!" (bath), "ni-ni" (night night), "buh bye" (bye bye), "hi", and "dah-dee" (daddy), we have now added a couple more that have become quite consistent--"meee!" (Elmo--yep, still obsessed with him), "buhts" (books--she points at books and shouts this), "pah-pah" (puppy), and "bay-dee" (baby). She LOVES babies. She finds them in books, points to the baby on the outside of her yogurt container, and calls herself a bay-dee when she sees her reflection in the mirror. She shouts it all the time. It started out as "bah-dee-dee" and is evolving nicely into "bay-bee" at times. She is also starting to imitate new sounds pretty frequently--"muh-hee" (monkey), and most recently "ah duh" (all done--in response to me asking her if she is all done with her food). Yesterday we were outside playing on the deck and the neighbor's dog was barking. She then started imitating that sound. I am truly amazed at how quickly she is picking some of this stuff up! I have been told that I had quite a list of words at her age, so perhaps she is taking after her mother. At any rate, it is adorable, and I just love hearing her practice. I am trying to get some of this on tape, but she usually gets so distracted by the camera that she makes a liar out of me. I did manage to get a short clip of her favorite word the other day, so it will give you a small taste of her new skills.
2 comments:
Jilly, you are so smart! I am so proud of you and cannot believe how much you are changing. Your mommy and daddy gave you good genes:)!!!
Love you,
Aunt Meggie
Well, are you suprised she is so stinkin smart!
Love you Jilly!
Post a Comment