Sunday, September 13, 2009

Shoe Shopping

Since Jillian is consistently taking more and more steps, I figured it was time to teach her the fine art of shoe shopping. Something every mother and daughter should experience together, right? We set out on a mission to find some versatile, yet feminine, fall shoes that provide both support and necessary flexibility for development--her first real pair of shoes. Jillian giggled when the sales woman let her stand on the sizing plate and "talked" to all the kids in the store (which basically means she shouted "hi" at everyone until they looked at her). She is so darn friendly that I think it takes people by surprise. Sometimes I fear that her overt social nature might become intimidating to other kids. Anyway, she walked around the store with me holding her hand as we tested out each pair. She loved watching herself model the shoes in the large mirrors around the store. In the end, I let her choose between two styles. I held them up, asked her which ones she wanted, and she grabbed my favorite--a pair of lovely little Mary Janes. Don't worry, I realize our tastes won't always align so nicely...but I will enjoy it while it lasts!

"I really like these shoes, Mom!"
shoes 2

"Are you sure Dad said it was OK to buy them?"
shoes 1

2 comments:

Megan said...

Jilly, you are looking so big! I cannot believe how much you have grown and I am very excited to see you soon! Love your shoes, very fashionable.

Love you,
Aunt Meggie

Team Leach said...

Jilly,

Glad your mommy decided to take you to find some better looking shoes! (you know my opinion on those other things = ) )

Love and miss you!

Aunt Mal

free web counter

Followers