As you recall, we do utilize a "baby jail" from time to time to contain our little sweetheart. It really is a necessity, and does enable me to unload/reload the dishwasher without Jillian climbing on it or trying to lick it, and I can put the groceries away with ease. She actually plays quite well in it, as long as she can't see me. It's almost as though she forgets about me for awhile and so will entertain herself by playing her xylophone, dumping and filling her shape sorter, or throwing Elmo over the side of the "jail". I love to listen to her talk and sing to herself. One fine day last week I was scurrying around the kitchen while she played away in the living room. I suddenly realized that it sounded as if the entire baby jail was moving across the wood floor. It sounded that way because it was! I turned around to see Jillian entering the dining room along with the baby jail and toys within it. She proceeded to move it from the living room, into the dining room, and around the corner toward the kitchen. I was speechless! She just apparently wanted to be closer to me. Little rascal!
"Don't mind me, Mom. I'm just going to play a bit closer to you"

"I'm pretty sneaky, huh?"

"Maybe I'll just go ahead and push it all the way in the kitchen. Got an apron for me, Mom?"
3 comments:
What a smart little cookie! By the way, what would be wrong with Jilly licking the dishwasher? Dishwasher water is quite tasty if I do say so myself!!!!!!!
Jilly keep out smarting your parents!!!!!
Love,
Aunt Meggie
Yeah, I guess you would know about that wouldn't you Meg? :)
Go Jilly Bean! Your parents think a little plastic gate can keep you contained? Pashaw!! :)
Post a Comment