Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ladies, sans babies

I have posted many times about the regular play dates Jillian and I enjoy. What began as a relaxing time of chatting and eating while our babes slept, nursed, or laid quietly on a nearby blanket has turned into a noise-filled fun fest where mommies chase babies between bites, start conversations we never finish, and apologize profusely for any accidental harm that one child causes another in the course of play. A few weeks ago, we had an epiphany and realized that it just might be possible to get together without our children. So, we spent a Tuesday evening on the patio of Somerby Grille in Byron (next door to Rochester). We shared a lovely evening of laughter, food, wine, and even s'mores by the fire pit after sunset...all at our own leisurely pace. Yipee! We had so much fun that we've decided to repeat the outings as much as we are able. I've since enjoyed a night out at the movies and look forward to an Indian cooking class on Friday. While our husbands make it virtually impossible for all of us to get together at one time (someone is always on call, it seems), we did manage a pretty good turnout for this inaugural girls night out. Cheers!
Ladies sans babies

2 comments:

Paula (Mom) said...

Best times of my life were with my friends who were at the same stage as I was, raising little ones. Just getting away with them knowing that we were all frazzled for the same reason. Fun times.

Myla, Scott and Sean = 3 Aronsons said...

Oh I miss you guys!!!

free web counter

Followers