Sunday, September 6, 2009
Deja Vu
Grandad was missing his girl, so he decided to make a mid-week overnight stop at our house during his travels last week. Jillian was excited to see him and the two had a lot of fun playing that evening. Grandad wanted to give Jilly Bean her bottle and read her bedtime stories, and she made no objections. As I laid Jillian in his lap, I noticed that my dad had pens in his shirt pocket. I quickly moved them so as not to create an uncomfortable surface for Jillian to lean against. I stopped and smiled as I did so, remembering that I always liked to snuggle and read books with my grandad as a small child. Almost every single time, I could feel pens in his shirt pocket behind me. He would always apologize and quickly remove them when I pointed them out. It's just a small, random memory of many that I have of my wonderful grandad. I had forgotten about that particular one until that moment with my father and my daughter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment