On Monday, August 31st, I celebrated my "golden" birthday. Yes, that means I was 31 on the 31st. Gettin' old, right? :) This was a special birthday to me, as it was my first as a mom. The day before my birthday, Matt took Jillian to the mall and they shopped together for my presents. It was the first time he ever took her out alone on that big of an outing and I was thrilled! I went on my own shopping trip and got a whole lot accomplished in 2 hours. I am pleased to report that Jillian was angelic for her dad. I hope that means he will take her out shopping again!
Jillian selected this very sweet book in honor of my birthday

Later that night, after Jillian went to bed, our good friend and neighbor Julianne came to babysit while Matt and I went to dinner. We celebrated at Pescara and had a fabulous dinner that began with crabcakes in mustard sauce, and progressed to sauteed halibut in lemon buerre blanc, smoked gouda hashbrowns,and sauteed snap peas. Dinner concluded with a flourless chocolate torte with raspberry sauce. It was fabulous. What a treat to enjoy a leisurely meal alone with my husband.
It was a great birthday, full of blessings for sure. Here's a shot of me and my girl to mark the occasion.

Right before he snapped this pic, Matt asked Jillian, "How old is Mommy?"...I suppose this means she thinks I am "so old"!
No comments:
Post a Comment