Sunday, December 20, 2009

Bookworm

I realize that I spend the majority of my time sharing how busy Jillian is, and that is an accurate description for sure. Sometimes, however, she takes a break from emptying every container, drawer, and cabinet in her reach to relax and enjoy a few good books. Her favorite reading spot is inside of a box--seriously. Before she dives into her reading, Jillian has a very intricate set up process. She enjoys corralling her two babies, and usually Elmo, too, and squeezing her happy little family into one tight spot for a few stories. It takes several minutes to get everyone situated appropriately, and I hear lots of cries for "helpuh!" (help) to rescue any babies that might be stuck underneath her or outside of the box. Lately, she has started "talking" to them while she looks at her books, which leads me to wonder if she is trying to imitate reading aloud. Whether she is or she isn't is immaterial at this point because it is so darn cute (and, yes, absolutely wonderful to have her in one spot for a few minutes!). See?
bookworm

2 comments:

Megan said...

I may just return her gifts and get her a box for x-mas!

Team Leach said...

Agreed! Well, mine comes wrapped in a box she can play with.

free web counter

Followers