Friday, December 18, 2009

Stage Presence

Jillian performed in her very first Christmas program this evening! Her daycare puts on a little show every year, showcasing each classroom through a short song. Jillian actually got to be a part of two songs, since she is technically still in the infant room, though she spends the majority of her time with the toddlers. I have to admit I thought this was a bit much when I first heard the idea (especially since it started at 7 p.m. and Jillian is usually fast asleep at that hour), but it was apparent that the daycare teachers were very excited about this and really wanted Jillian to be a part of it. I am so glad I decided to take her. She had an absolute ball, and was excited to see all her little friends and teachers. We were accompanied by our friends and neighbors, Julianne, Kate, and Kyra (you will recall that Kate and Kyra were the co-stars of the famous Jingle Bell video during our cookie decorating last week). As we were walking into the auditorium (yep, this was held in a school auditorium--and it was packed!!), Kyra (4) exclaimed, "I'm so proud of Jillian!". What an adorable thing to say. I smiled at the thought of all the fun performances that lie ahead for us as parents, and I was immediately caught up in all the buzz of parents trying to get close enough to snap pictures and take videos of their tots. I now fully understand why parents buy tripods and set them up pre-show...it is really hard to watch a performance and video tape at the same time! As you will see, my technique could use a bit of work! Jillian and her infant friends began the evening shaking it to "Let it Snow". Jillian is the 3rd child from the right in this number, wearing a red jumper and black tights with a black headband. It is important to note that she is sitting next to her very favorite daycare friend, Ella. These two young ladies are inseparable, I'm told, and Jillian talks about "El-ya" a lot at home. I love how Ella is completely intense about holding her shakers.


Jillian's final performance was a true jam-fest of toddlers strutting their stuff to a rock version of "Deck the Halls". I think you will easily spot Jillian...she wanted to make sure the crowd felt her presence. She was mesmerized by the sea of people! Do we have a future in the performing arts? Only time will tell!


Finally, I tried to capture a few photos of Jillian before we left for the program by the Christmas tree. I think we have a long way to go before we get any sort of photographic cooperation from her!
371
370

1 comment:

Paula (Mom) said...

So cute, I think she is a natural performer and not a bit of stage fright! Star of the show, at least her Grandma thinks so!

free web counter

Followers