Wednesday, December 16, 2009
The Sleep Police
Over the years, Matt has often referred to me as "the sleep police". This is because (in his opinion) I like to monitor whether or not he falls asleep on the couch while we are watching TV. It is true that if he doesn't laugh at something he normally would, or doesn't respond to a question I ask, I simply inquire "Are you sleeping?". Matt takes this as policing behavior and usually replies, "I am just resting my eyes. Are you the sleep police?" This is apparently something I unknowingly passed on to our daughter. Last night, while we were downstairs playing after dinner, Matt drifted off to sleep on the couch. The second Jillian noticed his eyes were closed she started shouting "hi, hi, hi, hi!" as she ran over to him to wake him up. She didn't stop until she had his attention! This cycle repeated many many times before Matt gave up on his little catnap. What can I say? She is persistent and knows how to work him already!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HAHAHA! I think she has gotten a lot bigger since I saw her last! She looks so grown up!
Post a Comment