Thursday, December 31, 2009

Move Over June Cleaver

At every year's end, it is common practice to think about things in our lives that we want to change as a new year rolls in. This New Year's Eve is no exception, and our family is making one very big change for 2010. Today, I walked out of my office for the last time. I am not on vacation, or a family leave, or anything of the like. I am officially (and intentionally) jobless. Well, of the paying variety at least! After careful consideration and much discussion, we decided that I would leave my job and stay home with Jillian full time. I feel very blessed that I am able to even make this decision, as I know that many people would like to stay home, but cannot. I also will admit that I am a little scared, but I think that is normal and to be expected when one makes a transition such as this. I could type for hours about all the factors that came into play as we made this decision, but what it really boils down to is this: Matt and I feel this is what is best for our family at this time in our lives. Yes, I still have many professional goals and I intend to achieve them when time and opportunity are right. I will always have my education, my drive, and my experience to call upon in the future. Jillian, however, will not always be at this stage of childhood. She is growing too quickly, and I don't want to miss anything I don't have to. I look back at my childhood and really appreciate the fact that my mom was home with us when we were small. I am sure I never told her enough, but I so admire her for how she ran our home with love, grace, and patience. You made it look easy, Mom. Hurry and tell me all your secrets! I am going to need all the help I can get with my thrill-seeking, fast, and sneaky (but absolutely adorable) toddler.....
thrill seeker

No comments:

free web counter

Followers