Sunday, January 31, 2010

Big City Shopping

On Thursday, Jillian and I were invited to accompany her friend Jayson and his mommy on a shopping excursion in the big city. We happily accepted the offer--we are ladies who definitely enjoy our shopping (we come by this honestly, you see, as all women in my family were born to shop)! Jillian rode in her car seat alongside Jayson for the hour drive north. I wish I could say that she was well-behaved during this portion of the trip, but alas, I cannot. I think she was jealous of his forward-facing status, as she is still rear-facing. But, we made it with our sanity still in tact, and set off to explore the wonderful world of IKEA!
Jillian really liked it when our cart was close enough to Jayson's that she could try and touch him. Jayon doesn't seem so sure about Jillian's overt attempt to hold his hand.
ikea cart
About midway through our perusing of the aisles, we stopped in the cafeteria for some lunch. Jillian devoured their mac and cheese almost instantaneously, and even tried the Swedish meatballs they are known for. Here the babes wait patiently for their grub while snacking on crackers.
ikea lunch
After lunch, Jillian initiated a game of bumper carts. If Jayson looks blurry in this picture, it's because Jillian was moving his cart!
ikea bumper carts
Following checkout, I waited with the kids (and all our loot!) while Nikki went to get the car. Poor Jayson just wanted to stand in peace, but Jillian insisted on patting him on the back in the same manner in which she pats her baby dolls.
ikea in same cart
Jillian and Jayson were plumb tuckered out from the big adventure and slept all the way home, while us mommies enjoyed some frozen yogurt and peaceful conversation. A good time was had by all.

1 comment:

Team Leach said...

Persistence wears resistance! She is a pushy gal! Maybe she will run all of her boyfriends off! = )

free web counter

Followers