This week is my first full week of being at home full-time with Jillian, and we are both getting adjusted to the new routine. Jillian still regularly asks for "El-ya" (Ella), "An-oo" (Anya), and "Bi-pull" (Michael)--her favorite friends from daycare. Though I know she is young and can adjust easily to such changes, I feel sad for her when she asks for them. It is obvious she understands things are different. It may sound odd, but a part of me feels bad for taking her out of the daycare she loved so much. Anyway, part of my plan for this transition period is to keep our calendar full of events. We are signed up for various classes and activities in the community and are trying new things together. On the days that we don't have a scheduled activity or play date, I plan to take her to the RAC (Rochester Athletic Club) and go swimming, or let her play in the Kids Club (RAC daycare) while I work out. We will see how it goes.
Yesterday, I took Jillian over to the local gymnastics place for a preschool open gym. For a small fee, we had access to an incredible room for kids under 5 to explore for a good portion of the morning. I was impressed by this place. It was a little busy (schools were out for MLK day), but I am planning to make this a regular thing since she had so much fun.
Here is the wild child surveying the venue. I would love to know what she was thinking!

Trying out the trampoline

How does this thing work, Mom?

Checking out a tunnel

In the foam pit! They had several teddy bears in the foam pit. Jillian was obsessed with obtaining one, since she loves bears, and she ran around frantically shouting "Bear! Bear!". The germaphobe in me cringed as I finally gave in.
4 comments:
Singing voice...The bear went into the foam pit, the bear went into the foam pit, the bear went into the foam pit....to gather lots of germs.
Hilarious, Meg. Love it. You just might have a future in re-writing children's songs :)
Malia,
Not sure if you have a Monkey Joe's near you, but it is awesome! Basically just a bounce house, but it has this special sanitizer thing that keeps everything clean. Hadley loves it and it is only 5 dollars. Have fun!
Kayla
I cringed a little about the ball pit with my education as a nursing student! But, she has to get an immune system somehow!
Post a Comment