
I put the bear potty in the upstairs bathroom and decided that she could sit on it, if she was interested, as I was running her bath. She was interested, and she sat. Matt came into the bathroom and sat down on top of the regular toilet to pretend he was going to go, too. We just told her that she was sitting on the potty, and that "we go pee pee on the potty". I left the room to gather the rest of her bath supplies. While I was gone, Matt said Jillian suddenly stood up, motioned toward the toilet paper roll and waved her hand like she wanted some. Matt gave her a piece (since they were having a fun game of pretending) and she sat back down. I walked back in the room, and Jillian stood up again to reveal her accomplishment--she had indeed peed in the potty! I know we just made a lucky catch at a time she probably had to go anyway, but it was still a fun little moment of excitement. I should ask my neighbors if they heard us cheering across the street.
In other events of the day, we attended our weekly Growing with Music class, where Jillian selected the cow bell as her instrument of choice

And received a "happy note" and "special stamp" at the end of class

She then hosted a lunch and playdate for her friends Jayson and Elise.
Jayson read the ladies a pre-lunch story.

Jillian and Jayson discussed the woes of toddler-hood over sippy cups full of milk

All 3 kids played happily together in the ball pit....for as long as it took to get this picture. We didn't snap any of the hitting, screaming, and pushing :)

It was a busy, fun day!
1 comment:
Wow she pee'd in a big girl potty! It is so weird to think she is at that stage in her development. Where did little Jilly go?
Post a Comment