Wednesday, January 20, 2010
True Story
Jillian and I went to Target after her nap today to get a few necessities. As I was trying to put her in the cart, she started squirming as she looked back towards the entrance and shouted "El-ya! El-ya! El-ya!". I turned around to see not Ella (her long-lost-as-of-last-week BFF from daycare), but Ella's parents. Yep. No lie. I was astounded. I flagged them down so that I could gush to them about how much Jillian loves Ella, that she asks for her every day, and that I would love to get the girls together sometime. We exchanged numbers (and formally introduced ourselves after a year of brief smiles and hellos at drop-off/pick up time) and went on our way. I just can't get over the fact that Jillian recognized them, connected them to Ella when she wasn't present, and to top it all off, did so out of context. I never would have expected that she could do that. I guess that is life with Jillian, though....an adventure full of fun little surprises.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow. Yep, you have another smarty pants in your family! Kids are so darn smart!
She is a budding genius! Her Grandma has always known this! She does not miss a thing that is for sure.
Post a Comment