
Last night was the 3rd best night of my life so far (the first two were our wedding and finding out we had a bun in the oven)--the Kansas Jayhawks won the NCAA Basketball Championship in an overtime nail biter! Those of you who really know us, or those of you who are Jayhawk fans yourself, understand the magnitude of stress and excitement that was occurring in our home last night as we paced, jumped, screamed, hugged, cried, and prayed for this victory. I've waited a LONG time to watch my boys be the stars of "One Shining Moment", the famous ending of the March Madness tournament that covers the highlights. The last time we won was 1988--I was 9and I remember my dad being excited but I was probably occupied playing Barbies or something like that, ignorant to the wonder and glory of the event. This baby will of course be a Jayhawk fan (read: it will not have a choice!)so it already has a little Jayhawk onesie that you can see in the picture. We found this at Matt's dad's house as we were going through some of Anita's things--she had bought this for the baby, and boy or girl, this baby will wear it with pride. For good luck, we left the onesie on the couch so that we could envision the baby watching the tournament with us next year. Matt also rubbed my belly before our free throw attempts (and it worked, I might add). ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!!
2 comments:
Matt and Malia,
Had a little trouble figuring out how to leave my comment but here I am. Another little Jayhawk fan will be doing some "cheering" next year. How exciting. Everyone at my office knows I am going to be a GRANDMOTHER. I love how that sounds.
Love,
Paula-Mom
YAY! you can tell you have a bump!!!!
Post a Comment