Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ruined...and it's all my fault

This evening, after running some errands, we decided to go out to dinner. We ended up at a new restaurant, Chester's, which had some real promise. After toiling about what to order I finally settled on a KC strip, my favorite cut of steak. In my past life, I ordered all my steaks a juicy and perfect medium. Because I'm hyper-anal about food safety now that I'm pregnant (the dr's office even gave me a dvd to watch about it!), I bit the bullet and ordered it medium well. It looked beautiful when it came out. I cut into it...and hesitated. It was more like medium in my opinion and I just sat there and started to fret. Matt of course told me to just eat it, it's fine, but crazy pregnant brain of mine decided to do the safe thing and send it back. I really just wanted it thrown on for a couple more minutes. About 15 minutes later, a charred brick that once was my beautiful 14 oz piece of beef returned. It was terrible--and it was my fault b/c I sent it back. I had to cut away the carcinogens from the outside to eat the incredibly dry insides. Terrible I say, a real travesty in the world of steaks, and it literally brought me to tears as we walked out the door after dinner. The moral of the story? Either don't order steak when you're pregnant or just order it how you like it, say a little prayer, and savor it.

No comments:

free web counter

Followers