Monday, April 14, 2008

An Outing

Saturday we decided to take a little trip to Babies R Us--Matt wanted to get an idea of just how much all this baby gear will set us back. He needed a plan of attack so we could plan ahead. So off we went. When we arrived at the store Matt pulled in the parking spot and when I looked up I noticed he parked in the space that was reserved for expectant mothers. I scolded him for doing this b/c don't you have to be rather large and rotund before you can technically park here?? Matt said, "You are an expectant mother, are you not?" We had a good laugh, stayed in the parking spot and walked on in. I was glad that I was wearing a big coat (b/c it is still ridiculously cold here!) so as far as anyone in the parking lot knew I very well could have been about ready to pop. I've been to Babies R Us lots of times--to buy baby gifts for friends or purchase feeding supplies for work--but it was WAY more fun perusing the aisles as a mother-to-be. We had a good time making our list and analyzing all the equipment. Matt was most impressed by the baby jogger (b/c this item is number one on his list)and couldn't believe it had shocks and a place to plug your iPod in. I personally am a sucker (and always have been) for hooded bath towels. They just make me melt into a ball of mush, I don't know why, and I almost always include one in a baby gift. Anyhow, it was a fun outing and a nice end to the busy day we had cleaning out all four bedroom closets to leave an empty closet in the nursery-to-be(and took 12 bags of stuff to Goodwill). My energy is gradually coming back and Spring cleaning is underway....

No comments:

free web counter

Followers