Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Halfway!

Today marks the halfway point--I can't believe it! I am so grateful for every day of this pregnancy and feel very blessed to have this experience. It really is going by quickly. I am feeling her move every day--some more than others. I honestly think she tires herself out some days because she is SO active at times. I love it. Just feeling her move can really lift my mood and change my day, and often still brings tears to my eyes. Matt has been able to feel her more these last couple of days and it's really sweet to see his reaction to feeling that movement. He always talks to her every morning before he leaves, usually either singing her a silly song, telling her he wishes it was October so she could come out and play with him, telling her how pretty she must be, or telling her what a crazy mother she has :)
Tonight I received my mid-pregnancy call from my Pregnancy Advisor nurse. I can't remember if I've mentioned this service that is free to those with Mayo insurance or not, but basically there is a group of seasoned OB nurses who don't wish to work in L&D anymore, but have lots of wisdom to share with pregnant women. They call you once per trimester, send out educational materials, and follow up after the baby is born. You can also call the hotline to ask questions about your symptoms or pregnancy in general and they can either answer them or advise you to go in and get checked out. It's a nice, personalized service that I'm glad to have access to.
Last, but not least, here's a 20 week belly picture to mark the occasion! I'm definitely growing....
halfway

3 comments:

Team Leach said...

OMG look at that belly!!!! You are getting closer and closer!

Megan said...

Okay I started tearing up when I read the part about Daddy Matt singing and talking to his little girl. Oh my goodness she will be such a daddy's girl!!!! I can't believe how big you are getting (in a good way). I can't wait to feel her move around next week, she better be active!

Paula (Mom) said...

Cant wait to see you all. Sing her a song from me Matt. She is growing fast Malia, I can really tell now. She is so loved already!
Love,
Grandma Paula

free web counter

Followers