Sunday, June 8, 2008

There's A Party in My Tummy!

I think this little lady rather enjoyed herself last night. It all began about an hour after I ate some delicious rhubarb cake that Julianne brought over yesterday. The baby began kicking A LOT as I sat on the couch and planned the menu for the week. I'd say she kicked a good 20 times in about 10 minutes. Matt was sleeping on the couch, so missed it (he always complains that she doesn't like him b/c she kicks most of the time during the day when we're apart or right before bed when he's usually dozing on the couch). A short while later we went up to bed and she started in again--this time Matt got to feel a couple kicks, which of course really pleased him. We fell off to sleep and about 3 a.m. I woke to change positions in bed--remember that cool pillow Matt gave me a couple weeks ago? It's fabulous, but if you need to turn over in bed you do have to untangle yourself and readjust a bit. As soon as I flipped sides I noticed some constant kicking on both sides of my belly. It's as if she was kicking all 4 extremities simultaneously. This continued and kept me up for a good 20 minutes. It's not often that you're up at 3 a.m. and smiling about it, but I was laying there grinning at her activity. Perhaps she's beginning to prepare me for many late night parties we'll soon have....in any case I think we can conclude that she likes rhubarb :)

No comments:

free web counter

Followers