Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

What a beautiful weather weekend we had here to celebrate Father's Day. To natives, it was "hot"--almost 80. Wow. Perfect for us--virtually no humidity (in our opinion) and blue skies with a light breeze. Lovely. I think Matt enjoyed his first father's day, despite several inconvenient call-ins for lumbar punctures and MRIs. The baby and I discussed what we should do to show him how much we love and appreciate him and we did a little shopping last week. This is what she picked out for him:

This is just the sweetest book....made me cry right in Barnes and Noble
father's day and pink room 008

The baby promised she'd wear this next year on Father's Day
father's day and pink room 005

I love the little tush stamp on the back.
father's day and pink room 007

We (the baby and I) also decided to go to Panera and get him his favorite bagel and deliver it to him in bed. He was tired (called in from 10 pm-2 am) but was happy for the breakfast. The rest of the day Matt did yard work and I finished planting the flowers for the season. I whipped up some banana coconut bread with macademia nuts and picked up the house a bit. The day was so nice so we took a short ride to a local trail and did some walking. We had just returned and were ready to fire up the grill when Matt got called in again. I went ahead and grilled the pork chops and he enjoyed them when he got home. While Matt was gone we had a little father's day delivery from the neighbor girls. This is just too cute not to post:

father's day and pink room 009
How many radiologists do you know that carry a guitar and wear a heart necklace with their scrubs? :)

Finally, I imagine that you'd be interested to know that we got the baby's room painted yesterday. After painting the trim white last weekend, we managed to cover the walls in a lovely shade of pink in just over 3 hours yesterday for two coats...not bad, eh? We love it, and it's exactly what we wanted--soft, feminine, and not bright. A subtle pink glow. It will look lovely with the bedding. The color is 'verona pink', but I think it could have been named 'strawberry cream cheese'. The pictures won't do it justice, but I'll share them anyway. Please ignore the paint that we still need to scrape off the windows. Now it's time to call the carpet people......

father's day and pink room 003
father's day and pink room 002

1 comment:

Team Leach said...

What a cute nursery she is going to have!! Love it!

free web counter

Followers