Thursday, July 24, 2008

26 Week OB Appt

I had my 26 week appt this afternoon and I'm happy to report all went well. Will go back on August 22nd. Here's the scoop from today:

-Baby heartbeat 'sounds great'
-My belly measurement was 'perfect'
-I gained 4 lbs this month for a total of exactly 20 lbs so far
-I passed my glucose screening with flying colors (hooray! I can still eat my ice cream!)
-Hemoglobin was a smidge on the low side (11.1) but she just said to eat a bit more steak...fine by me!
-Blood pressure 120/60
-I also learned that I have a 0% chance of having my dr. deliver the baby. I figured it was low, seeing as how Mayo has the doc on call do the deliveries (this means you don't have to deal with your dr. being late or canceling an appt b/c they're in a delivery), but my dr. just quit taking call altogether. I'm glad I asked, just for my own knowledge, but it does feel a bit odd. I'm pretty sure I won't even care who's down there to catch the baby once I get in the delivery room.
-She also said she probably won't do any additional testing relating to my Factor V Leiden (sometimes they do non-stress tests, but since I only have one copy of the gene and I've done well so far she doesn't see the need) unless I go over 40 weeks. She'd prefer to have me delivered by my due date (me too!) unless I just have a rock hard cervix that won't budge. Even then, won't let me go over a week late. Good to know....

What a blessing it is to be pregnant, and to get a good report at the dr's office. So happy, so grateful.
And finally, here's a shot of the belly---I think it's quite a respectable size now, don't you?
week 26

No comments:

free web counter

Followers