Thursday, July 31, 2008

Last Big Piece

Just a quick note while I inhale my lunch. The last major piece of nursery furniture arrived this week--the glider/ottoman combo. We had a bit of drama getting it in the house and up the stairs (these darn older homes we tend to buy have such narrow doorways that don't do well with modern furniture--yet we always seem to forget this when purchasing items), but thanks to the help of our neighbor Joe, Matt was able to get the chair in place successfully. I forgot to take a picture of it in the nursery last night, so this one off the website will have to do for now. It really does look gorgeous in the nursery, and brought a few tears to my eyes (surprise, surprise). We both spent a bit of time in it testing it out last night. The selling points for this glider were that it has removable fabric for washing and storage in the ottoman--excellent! The picture doesn't do it justice (it's not this yellow and dark, but rather a lovely light khaki shade that looks fabulous with the furniture and pink walls) but you'll get the idea.
glider
We're off tonight for a long weekend--a stop to see my dad tonight in Des Moines, and then to KC to see Matt's dad tomorrow. I'll be spending the bulk of the weekend with my sisters, mom, and grandma at my baby shower on Saturday, followed by a fun girls night! Looking forward to seeing family and friends that I don't often get to see--I'm sure I'll have lots of pics and stuff to share when we return.

No comments:

free web counter

Followers