Friday, July 4, 2008

Productive Holiday

Happy 4th of July to all--we're having a most perfect day here in Rochester. Weather is impeccable, we're home together, and we've made lots of progress in the house. Today we finished nursery preparations that now enable us to buy furniture and decorate. New carpet was installed on Wednesday and today Matt changed out all the outlets (some ignoramous who lived here before us decided it a wise idea to paint over the outlets) and the light switch without electrocuting himself or starting a fire. All covers/switchplates are now white to match the trim. I moved all of the baby stuff we have accumulated so far back into the closet and got it somewhat organized so I can find everything when I go to wash it. She's getting quite the collection already and we have bought her virtually nothing ourselves! We spent some time just sitting in there planning how we might arrange furniture and talking about how pleased we are thus far. Take a peek for yourself....
4th of July 006
4th of July 008

We also realized today that the baby has the best view in the house--what a lovely view of the freshly mowed backyard (did I also mention that Matt mowed and replaced some toilet parts today? What a man!)
4th of July 009

And just because I'm glad they FINALLY bloomed (it's July, people!) and look gorgeous, here's a shot of my lovely lilies.
4th of July 004

Lastly, we decided it was time to take one last shot of my belly button before it becomes an 'outie'. It's getting very shallow. We also took another side belly shot just for good measure.
4th of July 003
4th of July 002

After a short nap, we're rejuvinated and ready to grill up some delicious ribeyes for dinner. Later, we'll plan our attack for tomorrow--we're headed up to Minneapolis to register and shop for baby furniture.

2 comments:

Mrs. Needham said...

I was just about to scold you for not putting more pics on your blog and to my pleasure today's post was full of pretty shots. I absolutly love the shade of pink that you chose. Hopefully one day we will have a chance to use it :-) What theme are you going with for her room?

Matt and Malia said...

Thanks, glad you like the pink (Verona Pink by Ralph Lauren if you ever feel the need to use it :)). It makes me happy every time I see it. We're going for the soft and feminine (but not frilly) look in the room--no other real theme than that. We bought the 'cherry blossom and floral matelasse' crib bedding from Pottery Barn and are building from there.

free web counter

Followers