Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Some Things I've Noticed

Seeing as how my uterus is now the size of a soccer ball and the baby is now 15" long and nearing 2 lbs (according to one source), it makes sense that I've been noticing the following over the last week...

-Sitting up from a supine position is downright difficult. My abs aren't very functional and it's a strain to sit straight up.

-My belly pulls when I lay on my side (hence the now mandatory need for a pillow under my belly that's separate from my snoogle body pillow)

-I am experiencing all sorts of interesting pains around my belly button and upper abdomen...pulling, stretching, even burning feeling at times

-I can't carry anything without feeling that I strained my belly. No more carrying 6 grocery bags at once, two is my limit.

-I get out of breath hauling all my junk in to work every day (it's a good 3-5 minute walk from the parking ramp to my office). I'm seriously considering getting a pull cart (seriously! shouldn't an OT appreciate function over fashion?)

-I've had to ingest Pepcid in the middle of the night pretty much every night for the last 10 days. Serious heartburn--wow.

It's all part of this glorious journey that I'm blessed to experience....and I'm sure it's going to get much worse. I just thought it was worth noting.

After a whole 2 days of work this week, we're off tomorrow to explore uncharted territory (for us) in our current state of residence--the North Shore of Lake Superior. Should be a fun and relaxing 'mini-babymoon'. It's long overdue and we're looking forward to the time away together. Matt hopes we see a moose. He's kind of obsessed with moose ever since he discovered 'Mortimer the Moose' in Babies R Us (see previous post). We'll see....

No comments:

free web counter

Followers