Sunday, July 27, 2008
Grocery Shopping....A Dangerous Sport?
I've thought about how to title this post for most of the day...."Idiot of the Week", "Klutz", "Shopping Cart Hazards", "OB Triage, Take 3".....anyhow, I settled on the above. Because I'm so transparent, and apparently have no shame, I'll share my little drama. I was at the grocery store this morning (which by the way, is one of my favorite places in the universe--I LOVE to grocery shop) and I had just picked up some beautiful grapes. I looked straight ahead, saw nothing in my way and then turned my head to look at another display while pushing on. Then...bam--shopping cart handle slammed into my belly and it hurt--bad. I couldn't figure out what happened and then I peeked around the cart and saw that there was a sign sticking out from the strawberry display that the end of my card occluded from my sight. I told myself to remain calm, as the immediate pain had mostly passed, and I continued with my shopping. My belly soon began to ache and was just uncomfortable. I decided that after I got home I'd just call in and ask if I should be concerned--how should I know? Of course, they said just to come in to be safe. So, in I went. Normally they say they monitor any belly "trauma" for 4 hours, but after about 30 minutes of being on the monitor, a pelvic exam, and an ultrasound, they decided that the baby was just fine. She's a tough little one to put up with her mother's clumsy accidents, and thankfully so. Oh, and did I mention Matt was working? (these kinds of things always happen when Matt is gone). I was calm when I called him (and I was calm the entire time by the way, just really mad at myself), but I'm sure it stressed him out to receive that call and not be able to go with me. He did, however, jokingly state that I just did this to get another ultrasound. Not true, of course.....but it's ALWAYS nice to see my baby looking beautiful and healthy on that screen. Grocery shopping, while pregnant, will never be the same. (And yes, my belly's still sore).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good Grief!!!! Why didn't you call me yesterday??? How many triage trips does this make now???
Only 3....and I didn't just go in, I called first and they told me to. I was really fine, didn't need to alarm anyone at the time. Would've called if I needed to
Post a Comment