First, I purchased a "Buggy Bagg". This happens to be just one name for what you may know as a "shopping cart seat cover". It is quite possible that this piece of equipment just might be my very favorite (right up there with the microwave steam bottle sterilizer), as it is a germaphobe's dream (I openly admit that I am one). This gem of an object covers and pads the front part of the cart and handle and also has handly little pockets for toys, snacks, etc. Best of all, it zips right up into a little bag with handles and is machine washable--what more could a mom want?! Jillian has always been fairly tolerant of errand running, but is becoming less enthralled with riding in her car seat while in the cart and I can only tolerate lugging her in the Baby Bjorn for a short bit. The Buggy Bagg has liberated both of us! Jillian can sit upright in the cart and happily ride through the store, and I am free of lugging her in the car seat or Bjorn. Here she is experiencing her first ride in the cart, sans car seat. I think it is fair to say that she is thrilled.

At long last, our child has a high chair. It took me awhile to find the one I wanted (not too bulky but sturdy, washable cover, neutral colors, compact, portable, multiple height/recline adjustments, reasonable cost, good consumer reviews, etc), but I finally settled on one. It arrived tonight and Jillian took it for a spin...so far, so good.

Jillian has suddenly decided she just might be tired of rolling around and decided to take some steps toward crawling. She can now get up on her hands and knees and also does a funny little maneuver where she pushes up into a plank position (hey, I think it's great she is already interested in yoga!). I think we are getting dangerously close to a new form of mobility. Also featured in this video: Grandma's feet and hands and the infamous Peek-A-Boo Street!
Lastly, Jillian has added some new sounds to her repertoire. Her dad is espcecially fond of this one :) (shhh...don't tell him she doesn't actually know what it means yet)
1 comment:
We miss her and have watched the videos so many times. Wish I could see her every week. She is just the cutest ever! Love and kisses from Grandma and Pop-Pop!
Post a Comment