Today was my first "real" OB appt (recall that the last one was just a nurse work-up). I got to see my dr. for the first time as a pregnant woman. It's way more fun to be on the OB side of things than the GYN! Matt was able to join me and meet her. So here is what I learned today:
-I lost a pound since the last visit (not uncommon)
-My blood pressure was higher than last time (though not too high) because I was so excited
-My uterus "feels" like a good 8 week uterus (whatever that means)
-I do in fact have the blood type I always thought I had--apparently they don't believe you and have to check for themselves.
-I'm immune to rubella
-I don't have syphillis or HIV
-My thyroid is good
-My urine is "clean"
-I should not try to be a hero and suffer through the nausea, there are things I can take
-It's fine to eat pepperoni on your pizza (recall that I can have no deli meats and I am taking this to the extreme, surprise surprise)
-I won't have another OB visit for 6 more weeks!! Argh! I'd really prefer a weekly check-in, but apparently this is overkill...
We got another brief ultrasound and saw the progress our little bambino has made in the last 2 1/2 weeks--it's about 1.76 cm (about the size of a kidney bean) and you can now distinguish the head from the body. The heart is still beating strong...keep on little one, keep on! We got another picture and I'll post it tomorrow when I'm not about to fall asleep.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(119)
-
▼
March
(17)
- 8 Week Ultrasound Description
- Rock Chalk Jayhawk--8 Week Bump!
- 8 Week Appointment
- Explain This One
- Pop Tarts
- Initiation
- Thanks, Aunt Angela
- Really?
- Soliciting Advice
- Poor Matt....
- A Word About the Pics
- The Nurse Work-Up
- A Bit of History
- Secret Revealed...to a Select Few
- Confirmation
- Pregnalina
- Nine Months of Christmas Eve and a Close Call
-
▼
March
(17)
No comments:
Post a Comment