Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Pop Tarts

All my life I have heard the story of how my mom had a pop tart addiction when she was pregnant with me. She would apparently toast them in the morning, put them back in the wrapper, and stick them in her purse for snacking when the nausea hit. She apparently got in a bit of trouble from her dr. for gaining an extra few pounds and swore she wasn't eating anything different. My dad ratted her out when he said, "ask her about the pop tarts in her purse". These pop tarts were always of the frosted brown sugar and cinnamon variety, and they are the only flavor of pop tarts that I have ever liked. So, Saturday, as I was walking the cereal/snack/carb aisle of the grocery store looking for anything that sounded appealing I spotted them. I snatched up a box and took them home. Yesterday, I brought a pack to work and decided to try out their effectivness on my churning and heaving stomach. I have to admit that those pop tarts tasted better to me than anything I have eaten these last 10 days and they stayed down just fine. So here I sit at work again today munching on some, enjoying a more settled feeling in my belly. Thanks, Mom, for your pop tart wisdom :) This just goes to show that you should always listen to your mother, even if you are almost 30.

No comments:

free web counter

Followers