Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Confirmation

Today we had an exciting moment (preceeded by a scary moment). I was the annoying patient who called the nurse again (called her last week, too--I think Carol and I are on a first-name basis now) to make sure that it was OK that I was having left side pelvic pain--I have had this intermittently since Sunday and it was just nagging at me. I wanted to make sure that it was OK to wait until my appt on Thursday. She informed me that any pelvic pain prior to an ultrasound indicates an ultrasound....so in we went. Matt was a doll and left work to meet me there. Though this little embryo is only 6 weeks old, we could see the sweet little blob on ultrasound and could see its little beating heart! One of the happiest visions of my entire life so far. So this means that there is in fact a baby in there (I wasn't truly convinced until then) and we now know there is only one (increased risk of twins--about 10% in clomid use). We also know it is in the right spot in the uterus and the right size for its gestational age--all good, reassuring things to know. I'm just praying every second that all remains well. I'm going to secretly scan the pictures we got today when the secretary leaves, and hopefully Matt will post them later tonight.

2 comments:

Megan said...

We will all be praying for Baby Howe and your well being. You gu ys have so many people that care for you two and soon three!!

Team Leach said...

I am super EXCITED!!!! I am so happy for you both! I will be praying for all 3 of you!!!!!!

free web counter

Followers