Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Nurse Work-Up

That sounds serious, doesn't it? A nurse work-up. At Mayo Clinic, this is what your first OB appt is (I just happened to have that ultrasound on Tuesday b/c of that mysterious pain). This visit consisted of waiting for an hour, followed by an hour and a half of meeting with an OB nurse, and concluded with going to the lab for bloodwork and urinalysis. During this appt I got a gazillion pamphlets on do's and don'ts, a dvd on food safety, daddy-to-be information for Matt, and another copy of the ginormous Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy. Had I known I would be given this, I would not have rushed to Barnes and Noble and bought it two weeks ago...but now I have an extra copy that I'm sure Megan can use someday soon. I also answered questions such as "Do you feel safe in your home?" and "Have you or your husband ever used street drugs?" The nurse (Cathy) was a real doll, we had a nice chat and she answered all my anxious questions. I'm ready for it to be two weeks from today when I can see the dr. and get another glimpse of my sweet baby!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Is it my sweet baby or our sweet baby? :)

free web counter

Followers