Since the appt went well today, we agreed to tell our immediate families--hooray! Matt supported this idea, and agreed that I'd feel better having the support of everyone. What a fun evening this has been! I'm exhausted now, but it was totally worth it! Here are some of the reactions we received.....
My mom: "oh sweetheart, you're pregnant?!!" (sound of tears) She then confirmed that she was suspicious of my behavior on the last visit (as I predicted)
My dad: mom found out first so she kept quiet when he got home and then took his picture as I was telling him. I asked him how he felt about being a grandad...big pause, then: "I'd feel great about that!"
Megan: absolute screaming and hysteria, couldn't understand a word! Winner of our most dramatic reaction :)
Mallory: She found out today she got into nursing school, so I called and asked her if she wanted to be a pediatric nurse. She said, "Maybe" I suggested she consider it because I thought that might help her out in her "Aunt Skills". She was in a public place so was relatively restrained--called me back later for details. Cried both times I talked to her.
Paula: Malia: "Are you ready to be a grandma?" Paula: "Yes!!" (sound of tears and laughing)
Bennie: silence...then, "I almost fell out of my chair!" "What a happy day!"
Nita: Matt asked, "Do you want to be a Grandma?" Nita: "Sure!!"
Angela: "I almost crapped my pants!"
My Mimi: Malia: " I was wondering since I call you Mimi if my baby can call you Mimi, too?" Grams: "WHAT?! Oh honey, you'll be a wonderful mother!" She proceeded to tell me that just today she went to Wal-Mart and got a baby blanket pattern b/c she thought surely someday soon she'd be a great-grandma again.
Grandma Helen: Matt said, "I don't know whether to call you Grandma or Great Grandma" Helen: "What? I don't understand...." Took a bit to sink in, she was pretty excited then said "I didn't think I'd ever be a great-grandma!"
Grandpa Bennie: "Well, if it's a boy, you' d better keep it away from me and your dad!" Matt: "Well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree"
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(119)
-
▼
March
(17)
- 8 Week Ultrasound Description
- Rock Chalk Jayhawk--8 Week Bump!
- 8 Week Appointment
- Explain This One
- Pop Tarts
- Initiation
- Thanks, Aunt Angela
- Really?
- Soliciting Advice
- Poor Matt....
- A Word About the Pics
- The Nurse Work-Up
- A Bit of History
- Secret Revealed...to a Select Few
- Confirmation
- Pregnalina
- Nine Months of Christmas Eve and a Close Call
-
▼
March
(17)
No comments:
Post a Comment