Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Soliciting Advice
The glory of morning sickness is upon me (it's actually all day sickness in my case). No official vomiting yet, but I've had several episodes of dry heaving and gagging at inopportune times (note to self: do not open a jar of salsa for a recipe, it will make you retch). It seems to be the worst in the middle of the night and for the first 2-3 hours I am up. Touch and go around dinner time--my normally fabulous cooking isn't appealing at all to me right now. BUT--I am relieved. Bring it on, I say! Bring on the horrible pregnancy symptoms because they help reassure me that all is well and that's what I need right now. That said, I could use some advice from those of you who have walked this path before me. If you've got a great solution or something that helped you during your bouts of nausea, leave a comment under this post, and I'll give it a try!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(119)
-
▼
March
(17)
- 8 Week Ultrasound Description
- Rock Chalk Jayhawk--8 Week Bump!
- 8 Week Appointment
- Explain This One
- Pop Tarts
- Initiation
- Thanks, Aunt Angela
- Really?
- Soliciting Advice
- Poor Matt....
- A Word About the Pics
- The Nurse Work-Up
- A Bit of History
- Secret Revealed...to a Select Few
- Confirmation
- Pregnalina
- Nine Months of Christmas Eve and a Close Call
-
▼
March
(17)
3 comments:
OH Matlia!!!! I can't wait to meet you!!! You have the best Mommy and Daddy in the world! You are so loved already!
Matt & Malia, I am sooo sooo soo thrilled for you!!
From Kate tonight at her bedtime prayers "Dear God, My neighbors Matt & Malia are going to have a baby, Thank you!, Amen" I couldn't have put it better myself!
Oh and by the way Malia, just be Snacky McSnackerson all the time and it "should" help with that nausea! :) Just don't overindulge on the smarshmallows.
I agree with constant snacking. I noticed that as long as something was in my mouth I wasn't able to taste my own saliva...which happens to be the worst taste ever.
It also helps to eat a few saltines before you sit up. And of course ginger tea. I know it sounds odd, but if you peel and chop up a ginger root, boil it like you would tea and then you and keep it in the fridge and just reheat when you need a hot morning drink.
SO HAPPY!!!
Post a Comment